Monday, September 21, 2009

"The Pearl's Eye View"

“The Pearl's Eye View”

Hideout.
Situation.
Fresh blow.
He told me to watch the sun.
Hanged. Fear of water convicted.
You will be. If you look at him funny.
Or that he dug his nails again!
For these companies, and this map?
The department found that the sun is burning badly.

Ireland my daughter.
Waste of human children.
Dogs are a lot of people my friend.
I speak and my eyes are not
Life and death, I know everything.
I cannot predict or say that they know this.
I do not believe that death is too many shortcomings.
Death is not the final vote on the consequences.

This work was based on "The Waste Land" by T.S. Eliot (http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext98/wslnd11.txt), in particular Part I, "The Burial of the Dead". It was translated from English to German to Thai to Albanian to Indonesian to Persian to Maltese to Swedish then back to English, courtesy of Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/), before the resulting parts were reconstituted into the form shown above.

No comments:

Post a Comment